Skip to main content

Being Phrench in Philadelphia

I went on a French field trip today. We couldn't take pictures in the museum, but I snapped some quick ones on my phone.

Our meal at the fancy Brasserie Perrier was amazing. The food was amazing, and I had a great time. Sure, the waiters made me pretty jumpy because they kept popping up when I least expected it (Like the butler from Mr. Deeds!) but the service was great. I had crème brûlée for the first time in my life, and it was just...FABULASTIC! Sooo good. Hella good.

I know it's not the most picturesque city, but I really love Philadelphia. It's full of meaningful American history. I have family that live there as well, so I always enjoy a nice visit to the city. I've heard a rumor (that goes for all cities) that if you take pictures of the buildings, or look up at them, people know you're a tourist (or not from town) and take that advantage to pick your pockets, haha. Let's hope they didn't take my wallet when I took these!

We went to the Renoir exhibit after lunch, and enjoyed the amazing artwork of Pierre-Auguste Renoir. His artwork is sheerly stunning. Of course, I got a little bit of a headache from all the blotchy-ness and overall blurry-ness of his art, but it was worth it. We couldn't take pictures in the exhibit, but you could always be-bop over to Wikipedia (here's a link) and look at some of his stuff, they may even provide a link to all his work for you. I got myself an overpriced, lenticular postcard (AKA a 3-D postcard) of the wildflowers and men at the fence...for some reason, I can't seem to remember the title at the moment, but I'll scan it and show you later. I also got two pencils and the saleslady gave me some stickers when I asked nicely. =)

Those were $64 aprons in the shop. They were...uh, pitiful.

The Museum and Rocky's statue.

The Rocky stairs! Haha. I can hear the music now...haha.

Rainy Philadelphian 'burbs.

Hopefully I'll visit again soon. =)

Comments

Lauren said…
oohh French field trip - fun! love your pics - ive always wanted to go 2 philly!

happy thanksgiving :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!