Skip to main content

Holy shit, my sister's a high school grad!

My sister graduated from high school yesterday. (Hover mouse over pictures for captions!)

We decorated our cars! We also wrote on Diego (the explorer) but it was unavailable for photos this afternoon. And Dora (the [other] explorer) was being inspected, so she didn't get painted. This car is my future car (I'm not even joking!) the Jimmy (AKA an '80s SUV).


My future car, again...

I'm surprised I didn't cry. But it was a momentous occasion. I am so proud of my sister! I was delegated to taking pictures. Here are the ones on my camera.

Outside the Forum...how pretty!


One of those is for my sista!


The Forum ceiling. That place was gorgeous.


My dad's tie...he had to have school colors, of course!


Her name's about to be called...


Devyn shaking Mr. Hruz's hand after getting her 'ploma.


They seem to do a LOT of walking at graduation. Thank god we didn't. I was wearing HEELS! Well, Devyn was wearing bigger heels, but she walks better in them than I do.


I know Devyn, the program did drag.

Afterwards we went out for dinner with our entire family. "Hello! Smith, party of 27!!" We were at the restaurant until 11:30. I didn't get home until midnight. [My last name is not Smith, but we did have a party of 27. It took up the entire room!]

The flag that my mother has been waiting four years to put up...and then INSISTED that we leave it up all month...


What I like to call (The Ghost of Senior Past). Devyn hung her gown on the chandelier in the foyer. It scared me a couple times today.

I dunno really how to react to the fact that next year [when I am a junior] my sister will be a freshman at Penn State Harrisburg [she's going to be a labor & delivery nurse]. It still hasn't hit me yet that Devyn is OFFICIALLY done with her formal schooling. Tonight she's staying over at her boyfriend's house, and it feels like she's away. And let me tell ya, it seems as if there is no one around to KEEP THE PEACE!
My mother, my sisters, and even my dad and I are ALL arguing more than usual. Everyone's snappy, mean, and uneasy. Thank GOD she's not moving out yet. I thought I was going to bawl for this, but when she moves out--ugh, I don't even wanna think about it. I'll probably have a anxious breakdown or something.

Like I said, I'm proud of Devyn. Love ya sista!

Comments

SalGal said…
Congrats to your sis! I loved my L&D nurses. I think that will be a great career!

And now you'll get to rule the roost!

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!