Skip to main content

200

So this is my 200th blog post. Doesn't that seem weird? I've had this blog for two years and I've just NOW gotten to 200 posts. Shows how faithful I am to the projects that I start, heh.

I haven't posted lately because I've been checking off all the things on my lifetime to-do list...passing high school (I know, I can't believe after all the stress, I actually did it. Sort of. It's a long story for another time!), graduating, and this past saturday I had the biggest party EVER that was in my honor. My graduation party was a great time. I got a crapload of money, I got drunk and had fun, and ate tons of good food.

Now, it's time to grow up.

Yeah, I know that line warrants a huge sigh from me, but I'm rather optimistic. I know that it's all downhill from here, but I think that a few more years and I'll be ready to be a big bad adult. It's really strange to think of myself as an adult now. But ever since my birthday, the changes have been slowly coming...whether it's been work, school, or even my home life, I've seen some subtle changes that I'm not a kid anymore. I'm a little depressed (actually, probably a lot more than I'd like to show) but I'm also very anxious. This is what I've wanted for a while. I'm ready to be more independent, since I've always been this way.

However, my parents would probably disagree. Considering that I don't pay for insurance, my cell phone bill, internet, and several other things that I take for granted, they would still consider me HIGHLY dependent on them. And yes, they're right. The cool part is that I understand this, but I'm ready (gradually, at least) to take on more responsibility. I'm going to get that reality check sooner or later, so why not sooner?

One of the first things that I've done as an "adult" was to get my own debit card. I'm more in charge of my own finances now. Towards the beginning of June I was really spending a lot of moo-lah that I didn't have, so my balances were low. But now that I just gained it all back (and then some!) from my graduation party, I'm going to try and be smarter with it since I'm going to school soon.

The next thing I'm doing as an "adult" is going to...the lady-parts doctor. Eek, this is awkward to talk about, but I'm pretty sure it's time for me to get on the pill. Okay, stopping before I completely gross myself out. (And I call myself mature!)

It almost seems like there's too much drama in my life to report on every day now, but I think now that I have the summer to myself I can try once again. The graduation party was one of the biggest events of my summer so far, but I do have some things coming up:

FTCAP Day, Friday June 19: Scheduling classes for school. College, here I come!

Conference On National Affairs, June 27 through July 3: It's like Youth and Government, only national. BIG deal. (No sarcasm here.)

And there are a few other things that I can look forward to, but as of now they're not scheduled events if you catch my drift.

Well, whether or not I still have readers (doubt it), I'll be hanging around a bit more now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!