Skip to main content

It's Not Easy Being Teen

You know what's depressing?

Again, this has to do with thinking one thing, and being told another, and just...well, screwing up your whole sense of this and that and all of the above.

Well, for the longest time, I thought I was a pretty smart girl. I can be clever, witty, snarky, and sometimes even a bit...I don't know...um, an insufferable Know-It-All Spell-checker Grammar Snob?

I've always been proud of that. But then I realized I live in the most culturally unaware, ridiculously protected, and horribly ignorant town in the America. Therefore, in the ranking of the Smarts of Life, I was ranked OUTRAGEOUSLY low. Like, embarassingly ignorant.

Sure, I keep up with current events, and I am somewhat of a nerd. I feel like I know a lot of things for a mere sour-sixteen year old, but it does not even compare. There are GENIUSES out there, all over the place. And I bet they feel a lot better about themselves than I do. You want to know how they started their continuous streaks of success?

By doing their homework.

Which I am stupid, stupid, stupid NOT to do. I'm a board-certified slacker. When things get tough, I don't complete them, and that explains the wreckage that is my grades. I'm failing one course right now, and teetering on failing another. And I'm the girl who thought she was worthy of DUAL ENROLLMENT?!? (AKA college courses taken while in high school in exchange for college credits.)

It's just depressing, because when I was a kid, everything came easy to me. I was a gifted kid, and I put forth minimum effort and still surpassed my peers. All that changed when I got to high school. It's so incredibly competitive--in more ways than one--and...I JUST DON'T LIKE HARD THINGS!

Maybe I should stop typing on this thing and actually do some work. =(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!