Skip to main content

End of the weak

Why, when we look back in retrospect, do weeks seem so very long?
I think it's a Friday thing. By the time Friday rolls around, deadlines are either past or approaching slowly (you have 2½ days to regroup) and you finally have time to lie down and sleep--without interruption or pesky alarms. Unless you're drunk and/or hungover, Friday nights are probably the most restful sleeps I ever get--Saturday nights to Sunday mornings are almost tied with that title.
I don't know what it is about sleep--maybe it's a teenager thing--but we love sleep. We jump at the chance to get it--well, not really jump, more like doze--and what's better than a few hours of unconsciousness EVERY night? I mean, yeah, nights are great. Quiet. Pretty. Dark. But nothing compares with the awesome feeling of dead to the world-ness.
You'll have to excuse me. It may seem pretty obvious how exhausted I am. It's the truth. A chem test, a softball game, then dad's softball practice (I am on two teams ya know)...it adds up.

Wow, I have been using the 'tired' punkymood thing a lot lately. Well, the one now says I'm sore, which I am.

That much softball (pretty much all throwing) can really tire out your arm. And I've been throwing a LOT. Every day, at practice, game warm-ups, everything. Being an outfielder doesn't help either. You throw harder and farther than the infield. So my right shoulder is aching...yeah, I'm whining...I shouldn't, Steph just got wrist surgery and she's in pain. I'm just aching. I'll be fine. :)

Well, I'm out.

Oh, there's this:

And this (SWEET!):


Have a great tomorrow!

Comments

Steph said…
I'm fine. Keep the peas on the shoulder. I hope it feels better.
Alex said…
sleep + teens = a match made in suburbia.....

what is with me and "suburbia"?

*snort* i love the pic of the guy with the mohawk. *giggles like a 6 year old*

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!