Skip to main content

The 12-year war: we just can't get along

I used to do it when I was younger, as well. But then, it was accepted behavior. Now it's just...frustrating.
What I'm talking about it crying. Yeah, I'll admit, I still do it on a regular basis. What's the worst part about it is that there isn't always an easy solution to the tears anymore. Kiss the boo-boo, it's all better. Punish the other person for hitting you, revenge is served. Now it's a whole lot more complicated. Take today for instance.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room talking with my dad. The whole conversation, I knew the couch cushion felt lumpier than usual, which is saying something for my mother's couch. It's a rarely sat on couch, so it shouldn't be lumpy. I reached under the couch cushion, and what do I lay my hand on? Well, it's not nasty if that's what you're wondering. It just so happened to be my teal-green American Eagle Graphic T-Shirt. And I didn't put it there.

Let me tell you something about American Eagle clothes in my house, first off. With a large family, you know that things are sometimes hard to come by (if you're not loaded with cash and/or don't have your own job). So American Eagle clothes (straight from the store, not from Gabes or the Salvation Army) are rare in my house. And when you have something nice that you want to take care of, you tend to not let anyone borrow it, or leave it in a specific place where someone could nab it (especially in a house filled with 5 women who know that American Eagle is a sought after brand). So I'm using that as a disclaimer. Back to the story.

Like I had said, I found my shirt stuffed into a ball in the couch. I love this shirt, I would not degrade it by leaving it lay or shoving it into a couch. And most certainly, I wouldn't let it out of sight from my closet without knowing its exact location. So I was pissed. I knew there could be only one culprit--my Younger sister. (Not my Youngest sister, because she doesn't care about brands or fit into my clothes yet.) I'm trying not to use names, so they'll be known as Younger and Youngest, and of course the other one is Older. Yeah, three sisters. Go figure.

But anyways--I keep getting off subject. My Younger sister is a major thief. She has stolen all of the nice things that I have, and I've always complained to mom and dad. Dad thinks I'm overreacting now, because I started crying. But you have to understand, there comes a point where you're just so mad, that you can't stand it. So, that's when I cry. I don't know what to do anymore! We've tried everything you can POSSIBLY imagine to stop this freakin' Klepto, but she just WON'T. STOP.

Sure, you're probably thinking, "Oh, she's your little sister, let it go and stop being so selfish," or "It's a phase, when you move out you'll be best friends," or maybe even "It's your fault that you leave your clothes lying around." But that's just it. I don't leave my clothes lying around. My room is sealed up tighter than Alcatraz. My Younger sister just will not stop stealing my clothes. It's gotten to the point that my parents cannot think of a punishment that will end it. She's even stolen things from her friends' houses, but the one time she got caught, she got grounded and her brand new cell phone was taken from her for a month.
They've [The 'rents] now turned the blame onto ME! They say I leave my clothes around, door unlocked, et cetera. But I don't! Since it's gotten this far, I am so meticulous with my clothes, I practically have them cataloged by the Dewey Decimal System. I'm even at awe at how this little witch is getting into my room. Honestly. But there's only one window of opportunity when my room is completely unlocked, like a freakin' sitting duck. When I'm sleeping. So she has to sneak in, in the morning when I'm dead to the world. It's the only way. Some of you might say to lock my door when I sleep, but that's not exactly an option. I don't always wake up on time, so my Older sister comes in to wake me up (or turn off my alarm on days we don't have school. I know, she's so nice).

But just to reiterate: Little bitch steals my stuff. I am very angry. I am out of ideas. I am STILL MISSING CLOTHES.

I have one plan, but I never really wanted to refer to it. You know how I mentioned violence last night?

Oh no, not that far.

No, I'm not planning on offing my sister, not in the slightest. But even though my dad suggests that I get proof, it's not enough anymore. Because I don't have any. She's a sneaky little witch, and she's getting away with it. No, my plan is simple, I think've already mentioned it before.

I'm just gonna beat the crap outta her.

There comes a point where you're just so god damn sick and tired of someone's bullshit (repeated abuses and usurpations, anyone?!?!?) that you'll resort to even the lowest form of behavior to get results. Yeah well, I'm freaking pissed, and I want my fucking clothes back.

Comments

Alex said…
you should get all "spy kids" gadget-y and put up a camera.

ha ha ha.

my advice? steal some of her clothes, or things she loves. yeah your parents will probably say that that is "very immature" blah blah blah..... but fight fire with fire!

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson That Needed Re-Learned

Okay. So The Queen learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. You DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. Obviously, everyone learns this lesson from the age of 5, when your father asks you, "What do you do if some strange man asks you to help him find his lost puppy?" And then, you so enthusiastically respond, "You kick him in his privates and say NOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well, at least that's how I learned. And so when a young woman (couldn't be any older than my older sister) came to my door yesterday and asked questions about when my mother would be home, questions about the other kids in the neighborhood...I did the completely WRONG thing to do. I answered her questions and thought nothing of it. I didn't think her out-of-state license plates were all that threatening. I didn't think that her black (with polka dots) galoshes (similar to these ) were all that threatening. I figured she was just another one of those annoying Youth For Christ advocates asking if I w...

Not the way I say it. Say it with me, LetItGo.

Do yourself a favor. Don't get involved with guys that have girlfriends. A short, messy history, fast forwarded to now... I work with this guy who likes me a lot. I like him a lot. Seems innocent enough, right? Well of course, he has a girlfriend. I say we can be friends, but I cross lines and break rules. He crosses lines and breaks rules. I'm a dirty mistress. I'm trying to end it, now, before anyone else (besides myself) gets hurt (mainly his girlfriend) but he won't... fucking ...LetItGo!

YOUR 2008 NL EAST CHAMPIONS ARE...

Yaaaaayyy...my Phillies are the NL East champions once again! Last Year: This Year: w00t!